The most popular type of herbal Tea is Chamomile tea. Because of its many health benefits, chamomile tea has increased in popularity over the years. What is chamomile? What is it? Can you use it to treat certain conditions? Continue reading to learn more about this soothing and ancient beverage.
It could help combat diabetes.
According to a study published by the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, chamomile tea may lower your blood sugar levels and help you fight diabetes. Researchers found that chamomile extract decreased glucose production in mice. This can lead to lower blood sugar levels.
Studies have also shown that chamomile tea may offer other health benefits, such as lowering blood cholesterol and blood pressure.
It could help with inflammation.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- It’s rich in flavonoids.
- It is rich in luteolin (one of the most potent antioxidants available). More on that later.
- It is rich in apigenin which has been shown that it can reduce inflammation and pain by inhibiting COX-2 and 5-LOX enzymes.
It can help with sleep problems.
Chamomile Tea can be a natural sleeping aid that can help you to sleep better. It can also help you sleep longer and sleep better at night. This will allow you to wake up refreshed and energized the next day.
It can be helpful during menstrual periods.
- Chamomile has been used for centuries as an anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety agent, pain relief (including menstrual cramps), digestive aid, and digestive aid. All of these could help improve sleep patterns naturally, without using stimulants or drugs.
- Chamomile’s active ingredient is apigenin, which can also be found in other plants, such as lettuce, apples, and dandelion greens. It has been proven to increase moods and reduce stress levels by calming nerves throughout the body.
It could help lower your risk of developing heart disease.
- The Journal of Ethnopharmacology published a study that showed that drinking two to three cups of this tea every day for two weeks helped lower cholesterol and triglycerides (fat found within the blood).
- It can prevent blood clots from forming in your veins and arteries. Chamomile tea can stop platelet aggregation (plaques that clump together in your body’s circulatory systems and form dangerous clots, more commonly known as atherosclerosis). They are linked with strokes and heart disease. Therefore, it is essential to prevent their formation.
It could help to prevent cancer.
You have likely seen chamomile tea at the grocery store. But did you know it could prevent cancer? Apigenin is the active ingredient in chamomile tea. It has been shown to avoid the growth of cancer cells. Apigenin is believed to reduce inflammation and block enzymes that cause cell death (apoptosis).
Researchers are investigating whether apigenin could treat various cancers, including the colon, breast, and prostate.
You can get the most out of this Tea by drinking 1-2 cups daily.