This fun tea latte is easy to make at home. Last year was my birthday. To celebrate, I shared my Birthday Cake Scones recipe. When I was trying to think of ideas for my 11th year of blogging about Tea, I thought back at that wonderful scone recipe and how I could make it into a tea latte. The Birthday Cake Tea Latte is here. Rich black Tea paired with warm vanilla to make cake batter flavor. Topped with whipped cream and drizzle
Bow sprinkles. This recipe will show you how to make an iced and hot version.
This is Why You Will Love It
- This recipe can be made with tea bags or loose leaf black tea.
- This sweet treat can be made in a matter of minutes.
- This drink is available at any cafe, so you don’t need to wait in line.
- A cup of coffee or a glass of milk is enough to make this creamy, caffeinated birthday cake.
- This is a great choice for many occasions, not just birthdays and blog anniversaries.
The Birthday Cake Latte Recipe
- Most birthday cake lattes you will find in cafes are made with coffee or a birthday cake flavored sugar syrup. This version uses Tea and doesn’t require fancy coffee syrups.
- Black Tea This black tea latte recipe works best when using a cup of Assam, Ceylon, or Orange Pekoe tea bags. It is best to avoid using flavored black teas or black tea blends as they may cause interference with birthday cake essences. Both approved black teas can be brewed in freshly boiled water (100°C/212°F).
- Birthday cakes should be sweet. Don’t forget the sugar! Granulated sugar is preferred. You can adjust the amount to suit your taste.
- Vanilla Extract + Almond Extract
- Vanilla is the classic flavor of birthday cakes. This ingredient is crucial! Vanilla Extract is preferred, but imitation vanilla extract can be used in this latte. You can also add almond extract to mimic the cake batter flavor. It is not necessary, however, especially if you have nut allergies.
- Any milk can be used. You can use any milk you like, including 2% or oat milk, for a dairy-free option.
- Whipped cream
- Serve this iced or hot tea latte with whipped cream, either homemade or store-bought.
- Rainbow sprinkles are a must. Rainbow sprinkles are a must for birthday cakes. More colors are better!
How to make a birthday cake tea latte
- This recipe yields 1 8 oz. cup/glass.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 teaspoons black or 1 tea bag
- 1/2 cup water, fresh boiled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional).
- 1/4 cup milk
- Rainbow sprinkles and whipped cream for topping