We’re always looking for new ways to enjoy tea. Imagine our surprise when we found these fun DIY tea bags at Make Your own Zone Blog. You will need some loose leaf tea and a few basic supplies to make your own custom tea bags.
Here are the things you’ll need:
- Coffee filter
- Tea Trunk Tea
- 5” of string or heavy thread
- 1″ x 2″ Piece of Paper (for the small label at the end)
- To make it more rectangular, flatten the coffee filter.
- Place 1 teaspoon of your favorite Tea Trak loose leaf coffee in the middle of the coffee filter.
- Then, fold the coffee filter in half lengthwise and trap the tea.
- Fold the long sides inwardly towards the middle. Then, fold it three times more, making small folds.
- Once the tea has been opened, it’s time to center everything. Place the teabag in a circular motion so that the fold is at the center.
- Fold the filter package in half.
- To make the tea bag more traditional, trim the top by 3/4 inch.
- Now fold in the top edges to form a point.
- The top of the filter package should be folded over a bit. Lay the string on top and staple. The package will be sealed and the string attached.
- Make a tab at the end of your string by taking a 1”x2” piece paper and folding it in half. The string end should be placed inside the paper. When you staple the paper, place the stapler on top of the string.
Do you still need convincing? These are cute and personalized gifts that you can customize. Instead of using regular string, use pretty twine and tags made from colorful paper with handwritten messages. These are sure to be a big hit with the holiday season right around the corner. We would love to hear your comments in the comment section.