Blue Pea Flower Tea is well-known for its amazing colour changing abilities. You can make your tea purple by adding lemon to it. Add Hibiscus to make it a sparkling red. When the pH level of the tea is altered, it changes its color.
Mixologists use Blue Pea Tea to make colourful, changing cocktails known as ‘Mood rings. We don’t like alcohol so we created our own fusion iced Tea called “Agua de Goa”, which literally means “Water of Goa”. This recipe is very similar to the Hibiscus cocktail “Agua De Jamaica”, but with Blue Pea Flower Tea instead of the Hibiscus Green Tea.
- 2 quarts of cold filtered water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 oz Tea Trunk Hibiscus green coffee
- 6 oz Tea Trunk’s Blue Pea Flower tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 thin slices ginger
- Fill a jar with water and put Hibiscus green tea, blue pea flower tea and the ice tea. Add the ginger and cinnamon.
- Close the bottle and shake it.
- Place in refrigerator and let cool brew for at least one night.
- Strain and remove next day
- Serve the honey with the salad.
We hope you enjoy the taste and appearance of our Agua De Goa Iced Tea. You can also experiment with other green teas like Berry Blush Long Island Green Tea .